1. Salon Quality Shampoo and Conditioner – Salon products and supermarket products are very different. Salon products are made a designed by hairdressers, and prescribed by your stylist just for you. Cheaper products aren’t better; you get what you pay for at the supermarket. Some supermarket shampoos are made with silicone’s that coat your hair and make it feel good, but in the long run weigh down your hair and affect your colour services.
2. Cut down your hair washing! The more you wash your hair the more it fades, especially with vibrant colours. Washing your hair once a week is ideal, but if you normally wash your hair more regularly, start by stretching it out a day at a time. E.g. Go from every second day to every third for a while, and eventually every fourth or fifth day.
3. Dry Shampoo. Dry Shampoo is now your new best friend. Dry shampoo helps absorb excess oil and makes it look clean, so you can stretch out your washes during the week. It’s also a great styling product that can give you texture and volume, bonus!
4. Rinse your conditioner with cold water. Yes, it sounds horrible, cold water, but it doesn’t have to be freezing! Cold water help close the hair cuticles and keep the colour in for longer.
5. Novafusion Shampoo’s- Shampoo’s with colour pigments in the actual shampoo can help immensely with maintaining your colour. Shampoo with your normal shampoo first, then shampoo with novafusion and leave for 5 minutes (Shave your legs while you wait), then rinse and condition. For extra vibrant results, leave novafusion on for up to 20 minutes on dry hair and rinse, shampoo and condition. Novafusion comes in a variety of red’s, copper’s, violet and more natural colours.
6. Healthy hair holds colour the best. Hair that is damaged, has open cuticles which let the colour fall out, that why you’ll notice colour fades on the ends first, where it’s most damaged. Weekly or bi-weekly treatments help keep the hair healthy and maintain your colour.
We recommend you visit us every 6-8 weeks for Colour’s and trims. Any enquires please ring the salon on 5482 4712.